Thursday, June 14, 2012

Welcome Back!

I'm back! I'm back! I'm back!

That's me being excited. I'm back on Mackinac Island for the next two months, so I figured it was high time to write in my island blog again.

I got back up here last Saturday, and after spending two glorious days on the island with my mom and sister, I started work again at Nephew's. I'm on day 4 and loving it! It is so good to be back. It took a day or two to get readjusted and remember everything that I'm supposed to be doing, but I really enjoy the new crew and being back in the store. I'm back in the same apartment as before, in my old room, with one of my old roommates. It's a good time. I love being here.

My family and I of course visited the Seabiscuit as one of our first meals back on the island. John, the owner, was so glad to see me back he brought out two free desserts with the "Seabiscuit" and "Welcome Back" written in chocolate on the plate underneath. So SWEET! And delicious! It was an awesome welcome.

Haven't gotten to do much exploring yet. Mandy and I went on a 3 hour bike ride tonight and found a new trail that we both liked a lot. We'll probably go out again tomorrow so I'm super pumped about that. I need to start running here again, too. Laura, Andrea, and I ran a 5k the weekend before I moved up here, so I'd like to build on that and hopefully get back to running around the island.

Ah! I just can't believe I'm back up here again! I get to wake up to the water every day. I'm so incredibly happy. I know it's only for 2 months, and then it will be back to working at the school, but I'm going to enjoy every minute of the time I've got.

Visitors are always welcome!

Reunited and it feels so good!
Showing some love from the Seabiscuit


Flowers at Marquette Park
I live on an island, and I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment