Monday, June 18, 2012

Island Time...

I feel like one day blends right into the next here on the island. I'm never quite sure what the date is here or even what day of the week it is. Today was day 8 of 11 straight days of work and I'm going strong! I finally feel like I'm all settled back in remembering how to do everything at the store and actually knowing what merchandise we have so I can help customers find what they are looking for. 


The days have been going by fast. I can't believe that I've already been here almost a week and a half. I've been working lots, but I've also been playing lots. Mandy and I have been going on adventures or hanging out pretty much every night. We found a new biking trail that we love, so we've gone on 2 and 3 hour bike rides the last few nights. The second night, we took trail map with us (you'd think after all the times we've been out riding we wouldn't need to act like tourists anymore) to try to find Eagle Point Cave. But even with the maps help, we couldn't find it. Instead we found ourselves walking our bikes along yet another foot path with rocks and roots sticking up all over the path. It brought back flashbacks of my journey through the woods on a foot path two years ago when I began to think I was like Tom Hanks on Castaway. At least this time I didn't mind getting a little lost since I had good company. Perhaps we should have turned around right in the beginning of our ride/walk as we were trying to maneuver our bikes over the rocks and roots of trees, and Mandy yelled that there was a snake! I thought she was kidding at first to be mean, but sure enough I looked down right at her bike tire and saw that she had almost run over a large coiled up snake. We both screamed a little, and ran our bikes away fast. I hate snakes! Hate them. They make me sick. Needless to say, we were VERY careful about watching the path from that point on and careful about what we were running over. We never did find the cave...


Now to relax a little bit and listen to the rain outside my window. :)


Watching the sun set and the bridge at night

I've never seen such beautiful skies
One of my favorite sights


No comments:

Post a Comment