Friday, June 22, 2012

Lemonade for Sale

Greetings from another beautiful day on Mackinac! The rain decided to take a break for today leaving us with a big clear blue sky and a warm breeze blowing.

 I went out for a little bike ride today and found myself up in the Village. While riding through and looking at all the houses, two little boys had set up a makeshift lemonade stand and were asking people as they rode or walked by if they would like some.  Well, since it was the cutest thing I have ever seen, I couldn't pass them up. So I got off my bike and walked up to their stand. One boy asked me if I wanted just lemonade or half and half: half iced tea and half lemonade.  I chose the half and half, and the one boy says "Everyone has been saying it's really good!" He reached for a cup and started to pour. All of a sudden, he got a weird look on his face and staring into the cup said, "There's a hair in here." But continued to pour my drink. I couldn't help but laugh inside, the poor boy didn't know what to do. I could tell he was struggling with whether to serve it to me or not. Not wanting to make him feel any more embarrassed, I told him it was okay, that I didn't mind there being a hair in my lemonade, and asked how much I owed them. "50 cents," said the older boy. I handed him 2 dollars, one for each of the boys. There faces lit up, "Thanks! Do you want any coins back?" I smiled again and said no. They were so excited.  "Look how much money we've made!" The older boy said, and he held up his zip-loc baggie of quarters and dollar bills. I thanked the boys for the delicious drink and as I got on my bike to peddle away, the littler boys says to me "Sorry again about the hair!" :D

No comments:

Post a Comment