Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The island is officially open for business!

So today was officially our first day open at Nephews. Yesterday, Kate decided we'd open up 2 days early, since we were supposed to open on Friday. What a surprise that was trying to get everything ready and looking presentable in a matter of a few hours. Needless to say, we put in a long night last night putting up the final displays and organizing things. We opened today just for a few hours from 2:30pm to 6pm and we had quite a few customers! Kate showed me how to work the register, which I think will be my favorite job. I can only imagine how busy the store is going to be in the summer as it already seemed crowded at times today. Tomorrow we will be open the whole day, so that will be quite interesting.

After that, it's home for Kristin's wedding weekend. This will be my only time home for the next 6 months and it's certainly going to be a whirlwind trip, but I'm looking forward to it. Getting to sleep in my own bed and see my family and puppies will be such a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment