Friday, June 11, 2010

Be here

"Wherever you are, be all there." -Jim Elliot

I was a little homesick this last week. On Monday, I was just having a bad day and needed to be home with my family. But being all the way up here on the island, that isn't currently a possibility. My wonderful friend Craig told me to call him whenever I felt homesick because he knew the feeling. So that's what I did. We had such a good talk, like we always do, and after sharing all the ups and downs and what we like and don't like about our lives right now, he made a deal with me. We agreed that we would stop wishing for the next big thing in our lives and thus wasting away the time we are living right now. We agreed we would take in each day and live each day fully and enjoy our time in our current situations no matter what because we aren't going to get these days back. I've thought about that deal every day since.

I love life. I love this opportunity to be on Mackinac Island and have the awesome experiences I'm having, meeting the awesome people I'm meeting. Each day is a new adventure and instead of wishing for the next big step in my life, I'm going to enjoy everything I'm doing here. I'm here so I'm going to be ALL here.

Laura is coming out to spend the weekend with me next weekend. I'm so pumped! I can't wait to see her and show her all my cool little spots I've found and to hang out up here. It's going to be a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment